VILLARRUBIA DE LOS OJOS
It was 1881. The tower of the parish church was in danger of ruin. It required its prompt repair or, at least, the demolition of the most damaged body where the town’s clock was located.
In 1890, the Town Council asked the provincial architect Sebastián Rebollar to carry out the project of a tower to install the old clock in it. He determined that the most appropriate place to erect the clock tower was in the town hall itself, as “it has the most solid construction and can be better seen by the neighbourhood”.